Inca Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu is only offered by a few companies because it is so off of the beaten path(hidden inca Quarry trail). It is less traveled than the classic Inca trail . there are opportunities to interact with local communities and to visit smaller and less known Inca archaeological sites and the beautiful mountain vistas of the Vilcabamba and Urubamba, inca jungle trek.
Adventures mountain ranges provide the opportunity to encounter dramatic landscapes. Along the Quarry trail we will get to experience the lifestyles of Quechua farming communities, whose culture and customs have not changed for centuries. We will travel through traditional villages like Socma and Rayan.
This trek is recommended for people who like solitude and exploring the less popular route to Machu Picchu. The probable highlight and last day of the trek will take place exploring the “Lost city of the Inca”, Machu Picchu and traveling back to Cusco by train. The Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu is perfect for those who want to head off-the-beaten-path.
- Information before departure 1 or 2 days before the tour
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco
- Horses to transport our camping and kitchen equipment
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish) requests the language at the time of booking.
- Seasonal tents, with capacity for 4 people, but used only by 2
- 03 Breakfast, 04 Lunches, 04 Dinners
- First aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Train from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to Cusco
- One night stay at the Aguas Calientes hotel
- Buses from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Sleeping bag: can be rented in our office
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes on the last day.
- Tips (cook, pilot and guide)
- Travel insurance
- Huaynapicchu Mountain
- All rates for Packages to Peru are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years