|Duration: 05 Days||Accommodation: Camping/Hotel|
|Total Distance: 65 kilometres||Difficulty: Average|
|Season: All Year||Covid-19: Biosecurity Protocols|
Salkantay Trekking Tour of 5 days, is a perfect combination of cultural and natural; we will appreciate the challenge of the ecosystem and the magnificent view of the snow-capped Salkantay (6264 m.a.s.l. / 20551f), considered the most representative mountain of the Vilcabamba range.
The walk takes us back to the time of the Incas and consciously shows us the meaning of the spiritual representation of each mountain, such as the Tucarhuay or the Humantay located at more than 5000m.a.s.l.
During the Salkantay & Machu Picchu Tour you will also be able to observe the famous Humantay Lake. At the end of the hike the enigmatic city of the Incas Machu Picchu awaits you. machu picchu hike, Salkantay Trek
- Private transportation from the Cusco hotel to Mollepata -Marcoccasa.
- Transportation from Lucmabamba to the hydroelectric plant (only for the equipment and suitcase of all travelers)
- Tourist train from the hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes.
- Hot water tourist bus to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist train from the city of Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes in 2 stars.
- Tickets to enter the Salkantay National Park and Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide service (Spanish and English).
- High quality camping equipment (professional tent, Doite Top 4, for 2 people) Mattresses, dining tent with table and chairs, hygiene services).
- Meals during the tour (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, optional vegetarian food, optional tea)
- Cook and assistant.
- Horses and mules for up to 7 kg of a client’s personal equipment.
- emergency horse.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
Tour Does Not Include
- First breakfast on the 1st and last lunch after Machu Picchu.
- Sleeping bag (if you don’t have one, we offer rental in our office in Cusco).
- Consettur descends after the visit from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. (This is possible on foot and takes 01 h. Or also the possibility of buying a ticket and it costs $ 12.00 per person)
You Have To Bring
- Backpack and raincoat
- sleeping bag
- Clothes for hot and cold weather
- Light trekking pants
- Trekking shoes
- Sandals or slippers (for thermal baths and thermal baths)
- Wool or cotton socks
- Short and long sleeve polo shirts
- sun hat or cap
- Swimsuit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Insect repellent, hand sanitizer gel, bottle purifier and water tablet, sunscreen toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag), flashlight, and extra batteries
- Cereal bars, chocolate, nuts, etc.
- Original passport and student card «ISIC» (for the entrance to Machu Picchu) and extra money in new soles (Peruvian money)
- The weather can be very cold and humid; in this case, wet clothes do not have time to dry.