|Duration: 02 Days||Accommodation: Camping/Hotel|
|Total Distance: 14 kilometres||Difficulty: Average|
|Season: All Year||Covid-19: Biosecurity Protocols|
The Inca Trail is considered one of the most beautiful roads in America and therefore an unforgettable experience for visitors. The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu lead us through a protected natural environment of the Peruvian jungle, passes Inca archaeological monuments and offers impressive views. inka trail trek
The Incas used these trails as a pilgrimage to the sacred Citadel of Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: Cusco – KM. 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
Our tourist transport will pick you up at your respective hotels to take you to the train station, towards Km. 104 (2,250 m.s.m.), where we will begin the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. At the beginning of the Inca trail, we will visit the archaeological ruin of Chachabamba (2,270 m.a.s.l.) with a professional guide. 2 day inca trail
Then we continue our journey to the highest point of this connection, where we will visit the archaeological complex of Wiñayhuayna (2,650 masl). Wiñayhuayna is the most important archaeological site in this enchanting landscape, surrounded by subtropical mountains. Continuing the path, we will pass through Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol at 2780 m.a.s.l.) to the archaeological park of Machu Picchu (2.400 m.s.n.m.).
Place where we will take a bus to the city of Aguas Calientes (2,050 m.s.m.), where we will spend the night in a hotel. The walking time during the tour is 06 hours in humid weather and mosquitoes. Includes lunch and dinner.
Accommodation Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Sanctuary – Cusco
Early in the morning, we will take the first bus on the way to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex (2,400 m.a.s.l.), where we will take the guided tour by a professional guide with extensive cultural knowledge. The tour will have a pleasant enough time and then the client will have free time for the optional independent visit to the top of Huayna Picchu or the Temple of the Moon.
Finally, we remind the whole group in the city of Aguas Calientes, before taking the train back to the city of Cusco.
The climate in Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu is hot and humid with mosquitoes. Breakfast is included. machu picchu 2 day hike
- Transportation Cusco – Ollanta – Cusco
- Professional guide service in English / Spanish (request language)
- Guided visits to Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu on the second day.
- Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner)
- Train ticket to km 104 (starting point of the tour).
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- First aid and oxygen balloon
- Rt tourist bus consettur de Machu Picchu – Águas Calientes – Machu Picchu (02)
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco according to availability.
- 01 Night accommodation in Aguas Calientes in 2-star accommodation.
- All rates for our Peru Packages are expressed in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.
Tour Does Not Include
- National or international plane tickets.
- Services not detailed in the program.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (2nd day)
- The third Desettur bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. (This is possible on foot and takes 1h20min. Or also the possibility of buying a ticket and cost $ 12.00 per person).
- Life insurance.
- Additional nights due to bad weather
- Personal care items.
What To Bring?
- A backpack and a rain poncho.
- Sufficient clothing for cold weather and warm weather (Since the weather can be cold and wet, therefore your wet clothes will not be able to dry overnight).
- waterproof jacket and pants and rain poncho.
- Trekking shoes.
- Sandals and bikini (to bathe in the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, alcohol gel, canteen and toilet paper.
- Photographic camera
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Snack: chocolates, cereal bars, fruits of the forest and nuts. etc.
- Original passport, original student card (in case of having been admitted).
- Extra money in soles.