On the way to the island of Taquile we visit the floating islands of the Uros. Taquile is a natural island privileged by nature, which is located 35 km from the city of Puno, lake titicaca.
The inhabitants of this island are especially known for their fine textiles, which are among the finest Peruvian crafts. On the island, a spectacular view of the lake awaits the traveler and a simple stone doorway that welcomes our visitors.
In addition, the island of Taquile has beautiful landscapes and archaeological sites, however the most important wealth of the place is made up of its inhabitants of Quechua origin who are characterized by their hospitality and charisma with visitors. uros islands.
At 07:30 hrs. Transfer from the hotel to the port, after 10 minutes of travel, we arrive at the floating islands of Uros, where we will have activities with the participation of the inhabitants of the island, recreating their daily activities. We visit 2 to 3 islands. Then we continue the trip (50 min. Approx.)
Until we reach the island of Taquile, 20 minutes on foot. Approximately. We will visit a community on the island, where the residents will welcome us, demonstrating their dances and customs.
It should be noted that the Island of Taquile has been declared a masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity by UNESCO, thanks to its extraordinary workmanship in the textile art of its inhabitants. We will have lunch at a local restaurant; go down on the opposite side of the island (530 steps) and return to the city of Puno. Transfer to the hotel.
Breakfast on this day will depend on the hotel transfer schedule. The tour schedule will be confirmed at the destination.
- Transfer Hotel / Porto / Hotel.
- Tickets to the Titicaca National Reserve, Taquile.
- Fast boat, with bathtub.
- Professional bilingual guide (English / Spanish).
- Lunch in Taquile at a local restaurant.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Excursion in a traditional boat (totora boat).
- Other services not mentioned
- All rates are in US dollars (optional for currency exchange) and are programmed per person.
- The rates valid for Peruvians only include VAT.
- All our rates are subject to availability and changes.
- Children under 02 years and 11 months are considered INF (babies), do not pay any service and do not have the right to food, bed or seat on the tours.
- DCC (child) is considered a child from 03 to 10 years and 11 months, has a special rate and shares a room with parents.
- Children over 11 years old considered adults.
- Minors must travel with an identity document.
- Rates do not apply to holidays, Easter, long weekends, national holidays, Christmas or New Years.